Feature Request: Load("partition") and Load<Customer>("partition");

Jul 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Hello Ralf,

I hope I can do that massive ;-) feature request:

I do not want to load all my entity when the application starts thats a massive time consuming action. I have a calendar with about 250 dates and max. 24 rows. One of those properties of the row is a RichTextfield in a DataGrid. It has much formatings + Images and furthermore each lesson has N attachments... (pdfs,images,html files etc...)

Its a worst case scenario to load all that data above all most time the user only edits/displays the current date.

It would be really a great feature for your next update if you implement a new Load method with another overloaded parameter like "partition" only. So I can only load all entites like customers of the partition "customers" 

please :)

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM

You can easily do that yourself. The current load function is just an extension method. So if you like, have a look at it and do it in a similar manner yourself. That way you don´t have to wait for me to tackle this feature request.

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2010 at 9:32 PM
after I wrote here I thought about it that it can`t be that hard with the source code to implement it instead of the id + partition I just use the partition... now I have some stronger stuff:

- a controllable Store method not down the whole aggregated hierarchy

- DeleteWithReferences

Can you tell me a bit about them wether they would be hard to implement ?